The Value of Better Local Optimization in 2021
Let our team stay on top of your crucial, ever-changing algorithm and guideline updates, test their level of impact, and make the changes that will improve your results.
Your Local Optimization Partners
Most businesses without Optimization partners will probably neglect to update their online information, even after they move or make major changes. Simply keeping your contact information accurate can do wonders for any site, regardless of its target. Local search is one of the most essential elements of your optimization efforts because it’ll help your business establish a solid market that you can quickly convert into paying customers.
There’s no point in a New York restaurant ranking high in Tuscaloosa, Alabama’s local search results. They want people searching for restaurants in New York to find them. -Neil Patel
What is local SEO?
Local SEO refers to specific actions you can take to make sure that your site appears in search engines when someone is looking for a business in your area. It helps search engines like Google and Bing associate your activity with your geographic location – and decide where to display your website on their results page.
Why is local SEO important?
Local SEO is a must for anyone with a brick and mortar business, an office, a studio, etc. As we said, it’s one of the best ways to bring in brand new customers from your area. Marketing to local clients is key!
Search engines increasingly tailor their results based on the location of the searcher. They look for keywords that show local intent, such as “restaurants near me” or “restaurants in Tuscaloosa,” and they show results accordingly, with geo-targeted content receiving priority status.
You gotta get on the (Google) map!
One of the best ways to help local customers find your business is to optimize your website for Google Maps and what’s known as the “Local Pack.” The Local Pack takes the highest-ranked businesses from Google Maps and places them at the top of Google search results.
Local directories – what they are and why they boost your local SEO
You also want to submit your website to as many directories as you can – as long as they are relevant to what you do. Local directories are listing sites and social communities that specialize in indexing small businesses. Yelp, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor are among the most famous of these sites, but there are many more.
People looking for places to eat, shop, and sleep often refer to these sites to see what the communities have to say. But perhaps more importantly, Google search holds many of these sites in high regard. When you’re listed on quality local directory websites, your business will probably receive a dramatic boost in search rankings.
Make sure your contact info is consistent
You want to use the exact same name, address, and phone number (AKA NAP) everywhere you write about your business. This includes your website, your social media profiles, and directories that list you. If your NAP looks a little bit different in some places, search engines may accidentally think you have two (or more) different locations and even penalize your site for this discrepancy.
To optimize your local SEO, double-check that you are always writing your NAP the same way. Trust Townsend Tech Tools to optimize all the locations in which you need to fill in your NAP. We’ll also use our network of directories, social networks, and search sites to look for better opportunities for you to market your business, making it easier for you to understand & communicate with your customers and clients.
Our approach to optimization is long-term
We’re practitioners who are constantly testing new initiatives, integrating digital marketing strategies across various channels and verticals, while utilizing best in class tools and technology. We don’t chase search engine algorithms or marketing fads, our team focuses on the strategic considerations necessary to deliver increasingly positive results.
- Rolling Technical Audit: Our comprehensive and data-driven approach begins with a deep dive technical audit of your website and social presence. Our recommendations are based on ease of implementation, expected impact, and considers other elements such as IT development resources and web development schedules.
- Ongoing Consulting: Our services don’t stop when the audit has been delivered. Our goal is to support our clients through the ever-changing landscape of algorithm adjustments, search engine guidelines, and user experience requirements.
- Competitive Insights: We research market activity, trends, and competitive data to identify and capitalize on new opportunities. This includes an in-depth analysis of competitive backlink profiles, authority and trust metrics, visibility scores, customer intent signals, and ranking data for the most important keywords to your business.
- Reporting and Analytics: Our account teams are trained in CAVE Analytics as well as Google Analytics, etc. Our expertise is essential in tracking implementation results, creating reports, providing recommendations, and diagnosing traffic changes. Our team is well-versed in other third-party tools as well and can incorporate important KPIs into your reports.
- Content Strategy: We believe that content should be built for the user. Our team conducts a comprehensive audit into the keywords most closely related to the tasks your users are trying to accomplish. This research leads to actionable insights for your content development team.
If you don’t have the time or know-how, and are looking to reach more local customers, don’t hesitate to schedule a call with us.