Why integrate NFC into your brand & retail strategies?
Does your brand, product, or service have a bigger story to tell than can fit on an ad or a shelf-talker?
A simple NFC tag embedded in your shelf-talker, POS display, mounted poster — or even the product itself — can deliver the additional information that can motivate buyers to act.
NFC Let's You Provide More Reasons To Buy!
- NFC delivers intuitive experiences to digital native and mobile-first shoppers
- NFC addresses consumer preference for speed, convenience, and control
- NFC brings the benefits of digital marketing to physical products and packages
- NFC is the right tool to strengthen customer relationships and enhance the customer experience by making in-store and post-sale engagement simple and compelling
- NFC enables a personalized digital experience unique to each unit of product
- NFC integrates easily into every step of the consumer journey/customer experience
- NFC provides a simple and straight forward experience
What is NFC?
Near Field Communication, abbreviated NFC is a form of contactless technology that allows two devices — like your smartphone and a payments terminal—to talk to each other when they’re close together. NFC is the technology that enables contactless payments.
With NFC, a user waves their smartphone over an NFC compatible device to send or receive information without needing to touch the devices together or go through multiple steps setting up a connection. Fast and convenient, NFC technology first gained popularity in parts of Europe and Asia and is quickly spreading throughout the United States.
What you need to know about NFC
- NFC tags are passive yet powerful.
- They transmit information wirelessly.
- They have approximately a 1” read range.
- NFC is only activated when your phone or other smart device is right next to a terminal or an NFC tag so you have complete control over what you choose to connect to.
- There are no apps to download or codes to enter and NFC does not drain your battery.
- With just one tap, your customers can connect to a world of convenience, information, and enhanced experiences– in-store, at home, around town, and while traveling.
How does it work?
To create an NFC tag, a business decides what they want their code to link to. Their NFC tag is then encoded and (usually) placed in or attached to a physical object.
With NFC, the user waves their phone near the NFC tag area and the information is transferred instantly. No need to open an app or wait for analysis.
Advantages of NFC
- High customer perception
- High smartphone adoption
- High security / Authentication / Exclusive content
- High value – Use-cases span the entire customer journey & product life-cycle.
No codes or apps needed.
The major advantage of NFC is its flexibility.
Storing different types of information and changing it on a whim is possible without ever creating a new NFC tag. An owner can simply overwrite the information currently on the tag and create new info.
The power of NFC means the technology can often work best when embedded in consumer products – creating an authentic connection between brands and customers. This connection can be leveraged throughout the entire customer journey, from pre-purchase to post-purchase.
Because NFC tags also include a secure element to thwart duplication, they enable product authentication and the ability to serve exclusive content.
- With NFC-enabled products, businesses can provide branded content directly to customers in-store long before a sales rep can take note. Once a customer understands the value of a product and is ready to purchase they can skip the checkout line, and instead purchase the item right from their phone.
- After the sale, brands can provide value-add content to consumers to ensure they get the most out of their purchase. Brands can use this new stream of customer insight to fuel future product decisions.
Where NFC Works Best
- Durable goods / Embedded products
- Smartcards & Wearables
- Interactive signage
- Branded content
- Product information
- Up-sell / Re-sell
- Exclusive content & offers